Who we are
StaffConnect is an exciting, rapidly-growing B2B technology startup, based in the UK with offices in New York and San Francisco. We are disrupting the employee engagement and internal communications market with new mobile led technology that is quickly gaining traction with enterprise organisations around the world.
With significant backing from one of the largest B2B software Private Equity firms in Los Angeles, we are now looking to grow our talented team of Marketing, Sales, Product and Customer Success professionals based in our head office in Staines, Surrey.
What we do
StaffConnect is a powerful mobile employee engagement platform that transforms the employee experience by enabling large enterprises to connect, communicate and engage their entire workforce, especially remote, non-desk employees.
The customer-branded mobile app gives employees ‘a voice’, with access to company and user-generated content to increase loyalty and productivity. The cloud-hosted platform empowers employers to target that content, with analytics, to deepen engagement with everyone.
From offices in London and San Francisco, StaffConnect’s platform and domain experts are supporting large businesses from around the world to inspire their workforces to deliver better performance, improved customer experiences and greater shareholder value.
Who we’re looking for
You need to be a natural communicator, highly driven and passionate about starting or developing a career in technology sales. We are looking for bright, motivated individuals that have shown impressive academic achievement or some level of early sales career success.
You will be a hard-working team player, highly enthusiastic and keen to succeed in a fast-growing technology business. You will join a small in- house sales and marketing team as a key contributor in our new Business Development function, reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, with day to day input from our Senior Business Development Representative.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is key role designed to generate buying demand for the StaffConnect mobile employee engagement platform worldwide. This position is based in Staines and will require daily attendance at the offices.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for generating qualified meetings (typically product demos) for the sales organization. The BDR will be responsible for researching and building contacts which fit our defined markets and target audiences. Sophisticated sales prospecting technology is available to increase prospecting efficiency and productivity. This role will conduct continuous, targeted, multichannel outreach resulting in booked meetings/product demonstrations with the right target audience. You will support marketing-led campaigns with outbound calling, help to convert web prospects through our live chat tool and identify active buyers using sophisticated online buyer intent tools. A key requirement is to build people profiles of target accounts in specific markets through social media and LinkedIn Sales Navigator to develop sophisticated account-based sales and marketing programmes.
Working closely with the Senior BDR and our Head of Sales, you will be expected to meet defined call targets and other predefined qualified meeting metrics. As an external facing business development role, you will be confident in conducting telephone-based dealings with prospective buyers in a way that creates a superior experience and contributing to a successful sales outcome.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (other duties as assigned):
- Outbound calling to build and manage lead development pipeline.
- Articulate the Company’s value proposition to decision-makers across multiple industries and regions to assess buying interest.
- Work closely with the marketing team to understand the priority campaigns and associated value propositions.
- Achieve or exceed monthly targets for meetings/web demos held by our sales organisation.
- Qualify all sales leads based upon specific lead qualification criteria.
- Provide baseline research within targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information, prior to prospecting call.
- Develop superior customer service relationships with all prospective customers.
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the StaffConnect platform, clearly articulating functionality and the business benefits to prospective customers.
- Self-learn and become skilled in the entire sales prospecting technology stack.
- Create compelling, personalised video messages to target key prospective customers.
- Provide a daily activity report to management through our sales cadence tool.
- Proactively continue self-learning to improve results.
- Social Media Monitoring: Engaging with social media platforms, creating alerts on keywords, researching topics and sharing information with individuals responsible for producing content.
- Manage various social media tools for inbound prospect development.
- Manage prospecting status and forecasting in Salesforce.com.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree level education or similar.
- Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with high social intelligence and a natural inclination for selling. They are very driven and can show evidence that they thrive in a competitive, merit-based environment. They also value networking and the benefits of being part of an agile, growing team.
To apply: please email email@example.com with your CV.